We love to work with our local community so when Keep Akron Beautiful came to us with a need for new signs we were happy to sit down and talk shop. Many of our employees are residents of Akron and have a great deal of civic pride so we entered into these conversations with a lot of excitement. We are also very familiar with the work that Keep Akron Beautiful does and how their plots of lands help beautify the landscape of our community. They play such a vital roll in our city because their community gardens are some of the most visible plots of land in the city and the most beautiful.
In With The New and Out With The Old and Wooden!
The Process Snap ShotThey wanted something new, maintenance free that could accommodate their new logo and had the ability to add or remove the group who sponsors a particular garden plot. While we had not done something like this before (isn't the first time) we welcomed the challenge with open arms.
This is a great example of the process we go through with new customers to come up with a sign solution that they will love.
- BUDGET: We knew K.A.B. was a non-profit organization who runs off of community involvement and learned that they receive funding through various grants and donations. In other words, we knew they would have a budget (which is a good thing).
- SCOPE OF WORK: There are a lot of questions that go into the scope of work portion of the process. Here a few we presented to K.A.B. Will your signs need posts? How many signs will you need to complete the project? What color preferences do you have? Do you want to include and feature our logo? What sort of content will you want to display?
- TIME FRAME: Not everyone has as much fore sight as this group. We started talking about this project in February of 2013. Now in September of 2014, we are making final delivery on the signs.
- PRICE QUOTING: This is a part of every sign process we go through and a very important one as well. It's the result of the previous three steps and maybe a few that aren't listed. In the end, an approved quote is what launches us into the creative side of the project: design layouts.
- DESIGN PROOFS: Now it's time to show you what we can do. Based on the details we talked about throughout the previous steps we have a pretty good idea of the visual presentation your sign will have. Here is where we show you all the cool ideas that have been floating around in our heads.
- PRODUCTION: Let's make some signs!!